Golden Milk Turmeric Latte
Rich, smooth, and comforting, this drink is like your favorite Starbucks latte, but without the high price and all the crazy amounts of sugar and dairy. Golden milk is a traditional Indian drink that has become insanely popular because of the health benefits of one its main ingredients, turmeric. Drink as an alternative to coffee, to strengthen your immune system, ease body aches, or to sleep better!
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 and 1/2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom optional
- 1 and 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar optional
- 1 teaspoon honey optional
Add turmeric, syrup, ginger, cinnamon, salt, and coconut milk to a blender or food processor. Blend until mixture is smooth and frothy.
On the stovetop, set a small pot to medium heat. Pour the mixture into the pot, and simmer, uncovered, until; stir frequently. Sweeten drink with sugar and honey to your taste, if desired. Pour golden milk into mugs and serve warm.
- I really enjoy using Tree Knee's spicy maple syrup in this drink. If you'd like your milk to have some extra kick, I highly recommend using this.
- If you follow a vegan diet, omit the honey.
- Recipe from Sunfood Super Foods, slightly modified.
- Nutrition facts are only an estimate.